Thursday, July 30, 2009

Soundtrack of my life

I was thinking the other day about soundtracks, how they set the mood for different scenes in a movie or show. It made me think about what songs would be on the soundtrack of my life and this is what I came up with:

For my daughter T*:
I hope you dance -Lee Ann Womack
In my daughter's eyes - Martina Mcbride
When I see you smile - Bad English
Isn't she lovely - Stevie Wonder
Daughters - John Mayer
Gracie - Ben Folds ( I know it's not her name but it's a really sweet song)

For my boyfriend R*:
Right here waiting - Stained
Landing in London - Three Doors Down
Please don't leave me - Pink
Far away - Nickelback
Here by me - Three Doors Down
Breathing - Lifehouse

For my parents:
Perfect - Simple Plan
Second chance - Shinedown

For work:
People are strange - The Doors

For close friends and family:
We are family - Sister Sledge
I'll be there for you - Rembrants
Stand by me - Ben E. King
Lean on me - Bill Withers
You got a friend - James Taylor
You got a friend in me - Randy Newman

The "filler" songs, the up tempo ones:
Hot - Avril Lavigne
Complicated - Avril Lavigne
Freak out - Avril Lavigne
My life would suck without you - Kelly Clarkson
Since U been gone - Kelly Clarkson
I do not hook-up - Kelly Clarkson
Miss Independent - Kelly Clarkson
Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
Walking on sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
So what - Pink
Get the party started - Pink
I'm a believer - Smash Mouth
Buttercup - Foundations

For my really close just like sisters girlfriends:
This ones for the girls - Martina Mcbride
Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper
Ain't no mountain high enough - Marvin Gaye

For those sad days:
Hallelujah - Lenard Cohen
Crazy Mary - Pearl Jam
Apologize - One Republic
Hate me - Blue October
Never Think - Rob Pattinson

I'm sure there are a lot more that I could think of and maybe as I do I will add them to my "Life Soundtrack". For now these are the songs that I came up with. It's actually kind of a neat exercise to try, thinking about all the songs that have some kind of meaning for you or just songs that make you feel a certain way. You should try it sometime

No comments:

Post a Comment