Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's day






I know I'm a little late in writing about Mother's day, but that's pretty normal for me lol. I am kinda annoyed though, I actually had a nice post all writen out, all the pictures added and I posted it, only to come back here today to find it gone, all gone, all the changes that I made to the lay out, gone. Soooo annoying, but oh well, what are you gonna do right?

So, Mother's day... It was awesome this year. The weather was supper nice, not really hot, just nice enough that you could sit outside in your shirt sleeves and not get cold. The sun was out there was a nice breeze, it was great.

T* woke me up at about 8am to give me the little flower pot she had decorated at school complete with paper flowers with her picture on them, and the card that she made for me:

I LOVE my age, not really crazy about my dress size, but I choose to think of it as my waist size instead (it says 21 if you can't see it). The best part about my name, is that the day T* was writing it out there was an open house at her school so I was in her classroom. T* actually asked me how to spell my name, "for no reason" (as she said) and yet she still didn't get it right lol! I love it though. I had such a great laugh when I woke up and read this (I waited for T* to leave the room before I laughed), what a grate way to wake up on Mother's day! R* got me a G.C so that I can get my hair cut, which is awesome! I haven't gotten a trim in 2 years, and though I keep talking about it I always find other things I would rather spend my money on. So I am excited to go get that done, and see guys DO listen (sometimes) lol. R* also got me a Timmies breakfast sandwich and a coffee, mmm love my coffee!

After lunch T* and I had a birthday party to go to, I know what you're thinking, "who has a birthday party on Mother's day?" It was actually really nice. My friend had booked everything and made up invitations and had everything ready before she realized it was Mother's day. Honestly it was great though. T* and I got to go out for a bit, she got to play while I had some adult conversation with the other moms that were there. We totally enjoyed ourselves! After the party was over T* and I went over to the birthday girls house to hang out in the sun for a few hours and let the kids play some more.


When we got home we had some other family over, so it was nice to see everyone, a couple that we hadn't seen in a while. There was more good conversation and even some cake!


At the end of the day we had some very cute little visitors to the house:
We have a family of rabbits that live in our front yard that we get to see every year. This year the first sighting was on Mother's day, not only did we get to see the mommy but.... We got to see one of her babies too. Isn't it cute! I love seeing them every year, they are so tiny at first and we get to watch them grow. They weren't our only visitors either
It's hard to see but the robin has a worm in her mouth, you could tell that she was taking it home to her nest for her babies. It was Mother's day for everyone!!

Hope everyone out there had a Mother's day as nice as mine!




No comments:

Post a Comment