Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New book, new author, new friend

I just read one of the best books! I honestly didn't want to put it down, I took it with me when I went out just in case I had the time to read for a bit.
It's called 'The best day of someone else's life' by Kerry Reichs, and I just loved it!
It's about this girl who is obsessed with weddings, beginning with the first wedding that she was in at the age of 6. From then on she dreams of her own wedding day, planing ever detail. It then moves on to present day when she is in her 20s and either taking part in her friends weddings or just attending them. I wont go in to the whole story or I will end up telling all of it. But it's such a great read! It's ridiculously funny (Kerry Reichs has a great way of telling a story), poignantly sweet, thrown in with heart break and love, it really gets to your heart. It explores the ideal of marriage that everyone believes when little and moves on to a more accurate and mature reasoning as the book goes on.
I truly love this book and am looking forward to reading anything else that she writes, I'm hoping to find her other book tomorrow so I can read it right away.
What makes it even better is that Kerry Reichs is the daughter of another of my favorite authors Kathy Reichs. They write for different genera's, but I think that just makes it better. I have read all of Kathy Reichs' books, and now look forward to reading those of her daughters as well.
Really a great read, so happy that I picked it up at the bookstore the other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment