Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I really like you

Yesterday I had some shopping that I wanted to get done. So when T* and I got up in the morning I gave her 3 choices: we could have breakfast at home, go to Tim Horton's and get something on the run, or we could go to a restaurant, just the 2 of us, and have some pancakes. She thought about it for a few minutes and decided on the pancakes. The two of us have never really gone out to eat somewhere, just us, sure we've eaten at the food court in the mall or had a quick bite at a fast food place, though usually that's on the go. This would be the first time that we actually went to a restaurant, just us, to eat.
--I've actually been looking forward to this kind of thing for a while now, I've been waiting for a time when we could do something like that without me having to constantly tell her to eat, a time when we could actually talk a bit.--
So we got ready and headed out. We went to this nice diner where they serve breakfast all day, have good prices and good food. We both got pancakes, T*'s were chocolate chip, a very rare treat, I usually don't let her eat chocolate (or any other junk food) before lunch, but hey it doesn't happen all the time. We sat at our table talking and coloring while we waited for our food. It was really nice, it was a great breakfast and I really enjoyed myself.
As we left T* was holding my hand while we walked to the car, she looked up at me and said " I really like you" I kind of laughed a bit and said " I really like you too". It was one of the sweetest things T* has ever said. She's a very loving girl (most of the time) and will randomly walk up to me and give me a kiss or a hug, tell me she loves me or that I'm the best, but I just found it really sweet that it was so matter of fact the way she said it. Sweetest thing ever!
The rest of the day was pretty good too, very few arguments during our shopping trip, or after we got home (actually I don't think we had any arguments at all until we got home). Truly a great day with my little sweet heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment