Thursday, March 18, 2010

Is arachnophobia hereditary?

Ever since I can remember I have been afraid of spiders. I can't stand them, hate them, don't want to be in the room with one. They scare me, totally freak me out. I still remember waking my dad up at whatever hour of the morning (I read really late) to come and take the spider out of my room, I couldn't do it myself. I remember trying to suck one up in a vacuum and crying so much that my whole body was shaking because there was no one else there to get rid of it for me. Evey friend I have ever had has known just to get rid of a spider for me without telling me that there is one, that way I don't freak out. I remember the very first nightmare that I ever had was about spiders. I can't even touch a picture of a spider, it just gives me the heebie jeebies. You know how most older brothers will tease you with the things you are scared of? My brothers never did that with spiders, they knew that spiders were the one thing that you just kept away from me.
I think I have passed this on to T*. She will call me or her dad whenever there is a spider in her room, or any other room that she is in. She has scared the crap out of me by screaming in the car because there is one somewhere in the back (almost caused an accident a couple times). She will not let it go until you go up and kill it, and honestly I can totally relate to her. As much as it creeps me out, I have found the one thing that lets me get close enough to a spider to kill it, that is T*. I don't want the spider anywhere near her, so I am able to kill it to keep it away from her. Hopefully she will be able to do the same thing for her daughter, unless arachnophobia skips her generation......

No comments:

Post a Comment