Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Like an old friend

Before I get into my own writings, quote for today:
Reading is a door to your imagination. Open it, and discover all the places you can go - Antioch Publishing ( not sure if it is their quote or someone else's).
I know I have mentioned before that I love books and reading. I love the written word, finding a new favorite author and such. At the same time I love to be able to go back to a book that I have read before and get sucked into it all over again. It's like an old friend, you know that you are going to enjoy the time you spend with it and you know that it will always be there when you need it. For the most part I have to wait a few years before I can re-read a book otherwise I get a few pages in and end up a little bored with it because I know everything that will happen and I just can't get back into it. However, I have recently found 4 books that I have been able to read four times in the last 6 or 7 months. The first time I read them it took me 5 days to get through them, each time after that it's taken me 1 or 2 weeks to finish them. No matter how many times I start them I get sucked right back into the story and want to keep going, I don't even want to put them down, I just want to keep reading and reading. They are truly like friends to me, I enjoy them completely! What books you ask? The Twilight series. Laugh if you want to, but I can honestly say that never before have I even found one book that pulls me back in so quickly. It's not just the story, it's the way that Stephanie Meyers writes. I really hope that she continues to write books. I still have yet to read her other book, The Host, but I look forward to reading it and making a new friend. I have heard from others that The Host is just as good if not better than the Twilight saga. I can't wait to make my new friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment