Monday, September 21, 2009

Game day

I have been waiting for a while now for T* to be old enough for us to play board games. We had a few little kids games that we played a couple times but I wanted to get the better ones. Now that she is 5 I figured it was time. She can follow directions and count and such so it now makes it a lot easier. Today since she wasn't in school I thought we would make a trip to Walmart and see what we could find. I lucked out, we were able to get 3 new games to play, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Pop & Go (pretty much the same as Sorry but has Dora on it), and Candyland. I never actually had any of them as a kid but loved to play them at friends houses. The games went over great! Because it was raining out R* wasn't working so the 3 of us were able to sit down together and play all 3 games. It took around 1 and 1/2 hours, but it was a lot of fun. T* had a great time, she actually won 2 of the games, R* won the last 1, but it was a great time. I look forward to playing many more games and finding new ones that we can try out as T* gets older. There are so many different ones to try. I'd like to get Chutes and Ladders next( I even saw a 3D version!), then when she's a little older I'd like to get Pictureka, it looks like another fun one. It's nice now that T* is a little older and we can get into things more.

No comments:

Post a Comment